Alberta Express Entry
An Overview of Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP), the Alberta Express Entry Program
Albertans enjoy a high quality of life with higher average wages than anywhere else in the country, diverse & welcoming communities, low taxes, low gas prices, affordable housing, and beautiful landscapes. Other reasons that make Alberta a popular immigrate destination are its world-class healthcare facilities, the lack of healthcare premiums, its low crime rates, and its excellent public education system.
Immigrating to Alberta, as is the case with most first world countries, is not easy because of the high competition. One way you could immigrate to the province is through Alberta Express Entry program.
The Alberta Express Entry program is called the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program or AINP. This is a partnership between the Government of Alberta and the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada). It seeks to attract skilled and semi-skilled foreign nationals with the aim that they improve the local economy and transfer knowledge to Alberta citizens.
Get Professional Help
- Specializing in Complex Cases
- Years of Successful Experience
- Excellent Success Rate
How to Apply for AINP
1 The most popular way of seeking immigration through AINP is through the Express Entry system. You begin by creating an Express Entry profile. You will then need to demonstrate an interest in the AINP through the system.
If you get the Alberta nomination, you will get 600 points (out of a possible 1200) in your Express Entry score. You get the rest of the points through the other qualification factors which include age, education, language proficiency, and work experience. The 600 points greatly increase your chance of getting an Invitation to Apply (ATI).
2 You could apply directly to Immigration Alberta by sending an Expression of Interest (EOI) without involving the Express Entry system.
If you get a nomination this way, you can then apply for Permanent Residency status by upload you provincial nomination credentials through the Express Entry system, meaning you cannot do away with the system 100%.
You can apply after getting an invitation to work in Alberta or without the invitation. You apply through one of three streams.
This stream is meant for individuals who want to live and work in the province, but who have not received a job offer or assistance from a Canadian employer. Strategic Recruitment Stream sub-categories are Compulsory and Optional Trades Category, Engineering Occupations Category, and Post-Graduate Worker Category.
- Compulsory and optional trades category is meant for applicants who currently reside in Alberta and who have a valid work permit, provided they have Recognized Trade Certificate or an Alberta Qualification Certificate. It is for such professions as tradespersons and foremen.
- The engineering occupations sub-category is meant for engineers, drafters, and designers who are working or have at least 2 years previous work experience in Alberta.
- The post-graduate worker sub-category is meant for graduates from an Alberta-based eligible post-secondary educational institute, and who are working in the province in 0, A, B or C NOC level employment with a valid Postgraduate Work Permit.
This stream allows employers to nominate workers for the program, allowing them to maintain valuable employees. It is divided into 3 sub-categories:
- Skilled worker category is meant for applicants with full-time permanent job offers in NOC levels 0, A or B.
- International graduate category is meant for applicants who studied in an eligible Canadian post-secondary education institute or University and who have a full-time job offer.
- Semi-skilled worker category applicants must get a full-time job offer in any of the 5 eligible industries. The job must meet the provincial employment and wage standards and the CBA must not conflict with the proposed job offer.
This stream is meant for individuals who want to buy land in Alberta for farming purposes. The net worth of the applicants has to prove that they are able to invest at least $500,000 into a primary production farming company.
Why Apply Through a Lawyer?
Even if you are qualified, the intense competition means missing out on an Invitation to Apply (ITA) is commonplace. This is where we come in at the Law Office of Matthew Jeffery.
We have been assisting clients to immigrate into Canada through Federal Express Entry programs and Provincial Express Entry programs like AINP for many years. We know what it takes to have a high Express Entry pool score. We will guide you throughout the process, including filing all the paperwork and paying relevant charges.
Please fill out the Skilled Worker Free Assessment Form on our website and we will assess your qualifications and contact you with further details if you are qualified to make an application for immigration to Canada or one of its provinces.